Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Closer Walk

Just A Closer Walk With Thee
I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Chorus
Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

Chorus

When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

Chorus

Revelation 3
To the Church in Sardis
1"To the angel[a] of the church in Sardis write:
These are the words of him who holds the seven spirits of God and the seven stars. I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead.
2Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God.
3Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.
4Yet you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes. They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. (emphasis added)
5He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
6He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


I was talking to a friend at work one night and happened to say to her “I try to be careful of the way I treat everyone just in case its actually Jesus.

A dear friend was mortified and genuinely concerned for my very soul because of what he saw as my ignorance and possible affront to Our Lord. “Jesus doesn’t walk around the earth now,” he stated. “There is nothing in scripture to support that Jesus would walk on earth until he comes again in the end times.”

It had not been my intention to start a religious controversy. It hadn’t been my intention to start anything.
I guess I was just affirming my belief that I need to conduct my everyday life with the knowledge that God is omnipresent and that I, unlike Jonah, would not be foolish enough to try to hide from Him.

Now, I personally believe that Jesus still walks this earth. I firmly believe in the Oneness of God, so if God is here and the Holy Spirit is here, why isn’t Jesus here?

I know in my head how simplistic this is but Jesus said “13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. “ Am I to assume that there is no middle?

I read that there are specific things that Jesus said he would not do until the kingdom of God comes:

Luke 22 (New International Version)
15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."
17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

Perhaps the biblical scholars among you will show me the error of my ways. In the meantime:

I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.


I plan to live my life as a closer walk with Jesus.

Just in case.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment