Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Great is God’s Faithfulness

great is God’s faithfulness

Ps 5:3 My voice shall you hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct it to You and I will look up.
Ps 119: 147-148 I rise before the dawning of the morning and cry for help; I hope in Your Word. My eyes are awake through the night watches that I might meditate on Your Word.

Is 50: 4-5 The Lord has given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to hear as the learned. , The Lord has opened my ear….

There are so many reminders in scripture of the wisdom of coming to God first in the morning. What a wonderful way to start the day…secure in the presence of the Holy Spirit, comforted by His renewed promises.

Psalm 1 (New International Version)
1 Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

I found a story of a child whose eyes were intently focused upon the sidewalk as she and her mother were walking.
"Whatever are you looking for?" Asked the mother.

"For something to find," answered the child.

"Something to find" for the Christian is the blessing which God stands ready to reveal.
As the Scriptures remind us, such blessings are "new every morning."
The exact reference from the Old Testament reads like this: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is God's faithfulness."
We are to look for the blessing whatever it may be. http://www.hleewhite.fws1.com/Thanksgiving/lookforbless.html

Lamentations 3:22-23 (New International Version)
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


How wonderful to start each day clothed in the renewed mercy of God. How foolish to miss an opportunity to avail ourselves of a gift so freely and lovingly given.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment