Thursday, June 24, 2010

God is Love

6.God is love. God’s love is so great that He gave His only Son to bring us into fellowship with Him. God’s love not only encompasses the world, but embraces each of us personally and intimately. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm
1 John 4:7-10 (New International Version)
God's Love and Ours
7Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

It is difficult to put into simple words the wonder of God’s love. It is difficult because we don’t have the capacity for an all encompassing Love.

I am a grandparent and I know how very much I love my grandchildren. I try to imagine that love a million fold and know that I haven’t scratched the surface of the magnitude of God’s love for us.

God’s love is unconditional. He chose to love us and He continues to love us despite our shortcomings. Anyone who has been in an intense relationship, who remembers the glow of being “in love”, but now is "out of love" can have a small idea of the difference in human love and God’s divine love.

We fall in love because. And we fall out of love because.

God is Love. He doesn’t leave us when we stray. Thank Him that He doesn’t divorce us when we don’t meet His expectations.

From an article in “All About God”Another great verse about God's love is found in Romans 5:8, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." In this verse and in John 3:16, we find no conditions placed on God's love for us. God doesn't say, "as soon as you clean up your act, I'll love you; " nor does He say, "I'll sacrifice my Son if you promise to love Me." In fact, in Romans 5:8, we find just the opposite. God wants us to know that His love is unconditional, so He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us while we were still unlovable sinners. We didn't have to get clean, and we didn't have to make any promises to God before we could experience His love. His love for us has always existed, and because of that, He did all the giving and sacrificing long before we were even aware that we needed His love. http://www.allaboutgod.com/god-is-love.htm

Ephesians 2:4-5 (New International Version)
4But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

I thank You, God for your love. I thank you daily for accepting me as your child. I thank you for every day that you are with me. I thank you for your Son, Jesus. I thank you for the Holy Spirit.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment