Wednesday, June 23, 2010

God is good

5.God is good. The goodness of God is what disposes Him to be kind, benevolent, and full of good will toward all creation.
Psalm 119:65-72 (New International Version)
65 Do good to your servant
according to your word, O LORD.
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.
68 You are good, and what you do is good;
teach me your decrees.
69 Though the arrogant have smeared me with lies,
I keep your precepts with all my heart.
70 Their hearts are callous and unfeeling,
but I delight in your law.
71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I might learn your decrees.
(emphasis added)
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me
than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

One of our members speaks often of the goodness of God in her life. When she talks she fairly glows and it is beautiful to be in her presence.

But, many of us are like the Israelites, grateful to God when he pulls us out of a jam but quick to forget in the midst of just everyday life.

Yet, He is Good to us.

This beautiful psalm praises God for a reprimand, acknowledging that it benefited him to be chastised.

I often say “I thank God for gentle reprimands” because He always extends a hand of grace even when I truly deserve a more harsh judgement.
I thank You God for Your gentle mercy. I thank you for Your goodness to me and those dear to me. I thank You that I am a child of God.

2056. God Is So Good
Text: Trad.
Music: Trad.
Tune: GOD IS SO GOOD, Meter: Irr.
1. God is so good, God is so good,
God is so good, God's so good to me.

2. God cares for me, God cares for me,
God cares for me, God's so good to me.

3. God loves me so, God loves me so,
God loves me so, God's so good to me.

4. God is so good, God is so good,
God is so good, God's so good to me.

Take time to acknowledge the Goodness of God in your everyday life. Take time to sing Him praises every day.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment