Sunday, June 20, 2010

Praying the Name of Our Infinite God

3.God is infinite. We cannot speak of measure, amount, size, or weight and at the same time be speaking of God, for He is beyond measurement. God has no beginning, no end, and no limits. Romans 11:33 (New International Version) Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! http://www.navigators.org/us/resources/items/Thirty%20Days%20of%20Praying%20the%20Names%20and%20Attributes%20of%20God

Main Entry: in·fi·nite
Pronunciation: \ˈin-fə-nət\
Function: adjective
3 : subject to no limitation or external determination
1 : extending indefinitely : endless
2 : immeasurably or inconceivably great or extensive : inexhaustible

"YHVH" is the Hebrew word that translates as "LORD". Found more often in the Old Testament than any other name for God (approximately 7,000 times), the title is also referred to as the "Tetragrammaton," meaning the "The Four Letters". YHVH comes from the Hebrew verb "to be" and is the special name that God revealed to Moses at the burning bush. "And God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM; and He said, thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, I AM has sent me to you... this is My eternal name, and this is how I am to be recalled for all generations'" (Exodus 3:14-15). Therefore, YHVH declares God's absolute being - the source of everything, without beginning and without end. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm

It is our nature to try to break everything down into pieces that we can understand. If we can’t put something into the small boxes of our mind, we want to dismiss it as unreal.
We look around us at the impossible order of this universe and find it easier to attribute it to chance than the divine Hand of God.

I read an article a few days ago by a young woman who argued that God can’t be a real God because He desires and needs worship of mere mortal beings. I felt such a hunger in this young woman's writing. The fact that she took time out to write and post such an article felt to me that she was searching for a meaning in her life and a connection to this God whom she was denouncing.

She was trying to put God into a box of her ability to understand.

Oh, how I understand this young woman. I was her once and I find it easy to pray that she comes into harmony with our Infinite God. I pray that she becomes acquainted with the Holy Spirit, The Comforter. I hope she begins to find peace in the knowledge that it is because He is God., He is beyond measurement, has no beginning or end, has knowledge beyond our ability to begin to understand and that He is worthy to be praised.

John 1 (New International Version)
The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

When we can accept, not understand, accept that our God has the ability to speak everything into being we have reached a point where we are open to a relationship as a child of God.

Genesis 1:1 says, In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Father, God, I thank you for coming into my life, into my heart. I thank you for Jesus who was willing to die for my salvation. I thank you for The Holy Spirit who is my constant Comforter. I thank you for being my Infinite God..

Psalm 19:1-2 tells us: The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment