Tuesday, June 8, 2010

God is willing to provide

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New King James Version)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

It is so easy to trust in the Lord when things are going well. It’s not so bad when things are just a little off. But where is our ability to trust when the going gets truly rough.

We have spent a lot of time lately studying the letters of the Apostle Paul. Here is a man who truly knew how to put his trust in his God. Here is a man who sets an example. If I could muster up one tenth of the faith that Paul had I would be a long way on my journey of faith. But I despair not because I know that I am within the promises of God.

2 Corinthians 1:8-10 (NASB)
8 For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life;
9 indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves in order that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; (emphasis added)
10 who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,

I love visiting sites that give encouragement in the simplest of terms. One of those is found at:
http://organicfaith.net/blog/?p=148 and is called:
Journey to Simplicity
…because faith was never meant to be complicated


And faith isn’t complicated; We just don’t always value or trust things that are simple. On the one hand we acknowledge that there are many obstacles in our lives that we cannot in the natural overcome. For this reason we pray for divine intervention. Then we set about going on our own way.

When I found this prayer I knew it described me much too well.
Dear Father, I need you. I acknowledge that I have sinned against you by directing my own life. I thank you that You have forgiven my sins through Christ's death on the cross for me. I now invite Christ to again take His place on the throne of my life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit as You commanded me to be filled, and as You promised in Your Word that You would do if I asked in faith. I pray this in the name of Jesus. As an expression of my faith, I thank You for directing my life and for filling me with the Holy Spirit. Amen. http://www.thoughts-about-god.com/meditating/sw_oxygen.htm

I do have my days when, regardless of my circumstances, I am at peace in the comfort of the Holy Spirit. Those days when I am just full of the “just gotta praise You dance.” Those are the days that I know I have given the direction of my life over completely to God.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment