Tuesday, June 29, 2010

God is Transcendent.

10.God is Transcendent.
We must not think of God as highest in an order of beings. This would be to grant Him eminence, even pre-eminence, but this is not enough. He is transcendent—existing beyond the created universe. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm
Psalm 113:4 -5
4 The LORD is exalted over all the nations, his glory above the heavens.
5 Who is like the LORD our God,
the One who sits enthroned on high,

We are indeed interesting critters. We judge each other over the silliest things. There is a popular bumper sticker that says…”God is My Co-Pilot”, which was probably intended to depict a closeness with God. Then, of course, someone came up with a bumper sticker…”If God is Your Co-Pilot, Change Seats”, indicating, I suppose that the change in position puts God in control.

The first sticker seems a simple acknowledgement of relationship. The second seemed more interested in being “right”.

I acknowledge God in my life. Perhaps I don’t say just the right words all of the time, but God, who knows my heart, knows the words I mean. God is. God exists beyond the created universe. There is no box of our making into which God will fit, so we need to acknowledge Him, praise Him, glorify Him in any way our limited understanding opens for us.

2 Chronicles 2:6 “For the heavens and the highest heavens cannot contain Him.”

Jeremiah 23:24 “‘Can a man hide himself in hiding places, so I do not see him?’ declares Yehovah. ‘Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?’ declares Yehovah.”

God is timeless (outside of time and space) and unchangeable, yet God cares enough to be involved in our lives.

Psalm 139:7-16 (New International Version)
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


We need to be able to come in prayer without comparing our words to someone who may have a more eloquent speech. The important thing is to come in prayer and we have the scriptures to help us with the words. We must always honor our need to recognize God in our lives.

My God, I thank You for being in my life. I thank You for being exalted over all. I thank You.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment