Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God is Just.

11.God is Just. God rules with absolute justice. Not fooled by appearances, God is fair, equitable, and impartial in all of His judgments. http://www.allaboutgod.com/names-of-god.htm
Psalm 75:1-7 (New International Version)
For the director of music. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." A psalm of Asaph. A song.
1 We give thanks to you, O God,
we give thanks, for your Name is near;
men tell of your wonderful deeds.
2 You say, "I choose the appointed time;
it is I who judge uprightly.
3 When the earth and all its people quake,
it is I who hold its pillars firm.
Selah
4 To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,'
and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns.
5 Do not lift your horns against heaven;
do not speak with outstretched neck.' "
6 No one from the east or the west
or from the desert can exalt a man.
7 But it is God who judges:
He brings one down, he exalts another.

Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, natural law, religion, fairness, or equity, along with the punishment of the breach of said ethics.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice

Zephaniah 3:8.: " Therefore wait for Me," says the LORD, "Until the day I rise up for plunder; My determination is to gather the nations To My assembly of kingdoms, To pour on them My indignation, All my fierce anger; All the earth shall be devoured With the fire of My jealousy.
9. "For then I will restore to the peoples a pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord. NKJV

Many times when we think of God’s justice we are thinking more of wrath than justice. Because many of us see everything as all good or all bad. We clothe ourselves in the Love of God and close our eyes to Divine rightness or we cower in fear at God’s wrath with no understanding of His awesome grace and mercy.

Romans 1 (New International Version)
16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."
God's Wrath Against Mankind
18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

I am a witness to God’s grace and mercy. I truly know that our God is the God of second (and many more) chances; but I also believe that there will be a day of judgment and justice for all.

God sent His precious son, Jesus, who became the perfect sacrifice for our sins. This is grace and mercy. But some are unwilling to accept this magnificent gift.

-1 Timothy 1:9-11
"We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me."

I pray the Holy Spirit to help me to live a life which conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God. I thank God for planting me in a church of sound doctrine. I thank God for justice tempered with grace and mercy.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment