Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Person of The Holy Spirit

The Person of The Holy Spirit

For two days I have been led to write about the Holy Spirit. For two days I have been arguing in my spirit…I did this already (April 16), I have nothing more to say. Yet, I am stuck. I can’t write about anything else, so I wait.

I believe that it was my need to study about the Holy Spirit that had me on hold.

I looked at several articles on the net about the Holy Spirit and was dismayed at the dissention and just plain ugliness in some of them.

My usual response when I am met with this level of controversy is to move on to another topic, but I finally figured out that I was being called on to study. I asked God for a richer spiritual life. I asked for growth in the Word. I am being called to spend more time in study and to make sure that that study is directed by the Holy Spirit.

“Maturity is more than knowledge, it is fruit that comes from relationship with the Spirit of God. “ http://www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/baptism-in-the-Holy-Spirit


I needed this. I needed to read again some of the scriptures that address our relationship with the Holy Spirit.

John 16:13 (New International Version)
13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Romans 8:26-27 (New International Version)26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Ephesians 4:30 (New International Version)
30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

John 14:26 (New International Version)
26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Acts 13:2 (New International Version)
2While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

John 14:12-14 (New International Version)
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John 17:22 (New International Version)
22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

Isaiah 28:11-12 (New International Version)
11 Very well then, with foreign lips and strange tongues
God will speak to this people,
12 to whom he said,
"This is the resting place, let the weary rest";
and, "This is the place of repose"—
but they would not listen.

Acts 5:3-4 (New International Version)
3Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?
4Didn't it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied to men but to God."

The scriptures I was led to today had much to do with our relationship with the Holy Spirit. These scriptures evoked feelings of a personal connection with the Holy Spirit. Even the admonishment made to Ananias was that he had made a personal affront to the Holy Spirit.

I needed this. I hope it was some measure of benefit to you.

At this moment I am experiencing a trial in my life. I ask all who will to pray for me.

May God Forever Be a Blessing in Your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment